Free Checking Account
Our Free Checking Account is just that - Free! This account provides better value, convenience, and is a great tool for your everyday budget, expenses, and daily transactions. Our best-in-class HPBGO Digital Banking tool and lower than market fees mean you can make the most of your financial life. When paired with our High Yield Savings Account, your financial well-being is built to grow.
High Plains Bank Free Checking Account Benefits:
Best in Market Fee Schedule
Tired of fees that don't make sense? High Plains Bank does not charge them. But don't take our word for it. See for yourself!
Top of Market Rates
We know you have more options than ever before. High Plains Bank is committed to offering top of market rates for our High Yield Savings Account and Higher Yield CDs.
"Many times, customers think they are only looking for a checking account, but with our deposit products, I’m excited to be able to talk to them about our new accounts that will earn them great interest, give them easy access to their money, as well as allow them to save up for something special like a vacation."
– Diana Bustos Garcia, Customer Service Representative
Debit Cards Issued Instantly
Bank to Bank Transfers
Free Temporary (Counter) Checks
Convenient Spending Options
Banking should be quick and convenient. We strive to equip our customers with a variety of spending options and tools they need to access their money efficiently, at no additional cost.
Build Healthy Financial Habits with HPBU
Our HPBU Financial Education Center is a great resource to help you develop healthy financial habits, at no charge. By learning how to adopt a few key financial habits, you can feel more confident about your financial well-being. Click the links to the left to learn more.
Are there really no monthly service or maintenance fees/charges?
That is correct! At High Plains Bank, we are committed to supporting the financial well-being of our customers and community, a philosophy that translates into our approach to most typical bank fees. Take a look at our complete fee schedule.
What documents do I need to open an account?
While every situation is different, in general, you will need the following items to open an account:
U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien
- Social Security Number
- Current Government ID (Driver's License, State ID, U.S. Passport, Permanent Resident Card/Green Card)
- Physical Address Verification (i.e. utility bill) if current address differs from address on Government ID
- Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) Paperwork
- Current Government ID (Passport, Work Permit, Visa)
- Physical Address Verification (i.e. utility bill, state ID)
- Form W-8 BEN
I can't make it into a branch, how do I bank remotely?
High Plains Bank offers online and mobile banking tools to help you manage your finances wherever you are through our HPBGO platform! Here are some helpful links to get started.
I need more help. How can I get into contact with someone?
We are proud to serve our customers with real, local High Plains Bank employees, and there are multiple ways to contact us.
- Fill out our contact form and one of our team members will reach out to you
- Contacte a Nuestro Equipo
- Our general phone number is: 1-800-984-0010
- Solicitar una llamada: 720-856-2534
- If you already have an account, chat live with a team member on HPBGO during business hours, M-F, 8:30AM-4:30PM. Download our HPBGO app using the icons below
Do you have limits on bank-to-bank transfers?